Besides the obvious part about needing to get it done simply because it needs to, there's the issue that this is the project I want to do for NaNoWriMo this year. In the meantime, there's the getting ready for NaNoWriMo to do:
- write five Friday Flash stories ahead so I can post them during the month and not take time from NaNoWriMo activities
- get some soup and stew meals lined up so I don't have to spend a lot of time cooking when I could be writing
- do some more baking and get it in the freezer. I try to make my own (whole grain, spelt, low sugar) breakfasts, and scones/malt loaf are nice and portable for the office. Greek yogurt and fresh fruit is even better, but I'm just not that organised.
- knit five socks so I won't be behind on Yule knitting. That's five socks, not five pairs of socks. There are three pairs (ie: six socks) in total, but I'm not crazy enough to think I'll get all of them done before October ends, given that none of them are even cast on yet. That's one sock done every six days in October. That's not too bad. Really. Um...
- finish at least one of the two jackets I'm sewing. I'll be needing them when it gets colder.
- it's an ongoing thing
- in this apartment it's mostly automated
- it gives me time to plan my next writing move